How to Relieve Constipation by Exercising on Bed?
How to relieve constipation if your colon is as sluggish as you? Exercising at the best time for bowel movement, namely morning before leaving the bed is a conscientious effort to wake up the colon.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Breathing exercises.
2. Cat stretch. This is a lesson we humans should learn from cats. They sleep many hours. Yet, they are ever ready to spring into action at the sight of a prey. One of the reasons I think, is they instinctively exercise efficiently without leaving the comfort of their cozy sleeping location. Spread out one arm, uncurl fist and flex. Repeat with the other arm. Then arch back and flex toes, ankles, and hips. All the way up slowly and luxuriantly. Yawn as needed. Relax. Or, forget about this instruction and go and watch a cat stretch itself.
3. Sit up slow. Gently tap the back at the waist area with knuckles. Do this with legs extended straight if possible. If not, fold knees.
4.If you wake up lying on the back - bend one leg using clasped hands to pull knee towards the chest. Alternate with the other leg.
5. If you wake up lying on your chest. Then you can try this: Fold arms underneath chin. Lift one leg up straight. Alternate with the other. Imagine yourself paddling in water. Another exercise while you maintain the same posture is to fold one knee towards buttocks and alternate.
6. Pelvic floor/Kegel exercises. Good for incontinence, sex life and constipation.
7. Abdominal massage.
8. Abdominal exercises. We have moved into the zone for fit people. Leg lifts, doing scissor-like motions with legs and crunches give you killer abs but they are not for everybody, so be modest about your limitations or goals. Traditional full sit up is said to be one of the worst abdominal exercises, do you agree? Let me know here.
Suggestions to help you to be regular in doing your exercises:
1. Prepare music-the kind that boosts your spirit to work out. Put on the music after waking up.
2. If you live in a country in which there are cold seasons. Set the heater to warm up the bedroom at wake up time.
3. How to relieve constipation if you don't even have a little willpower? People who are bedridden have to exercise. Even cancer patients have to try to walk from their beds to the nearest chair. You are in a better situation. So...have fun with your morning work-outs!
Return from How to Relieve Constipation Exercises on Bed to Homepage
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.